This article will explain top iPhone 12 mini tricks and tips that most people don’t even know existed.
iPhone 12 miniature has a lot of great features. Some make life easier, some just plain fun. We have uncovered some of the best iPhone 12 mini tricks and tips that you probably don’t know. Continue reading to discover 5 iPhone 12 tips and tricks that most people don’t know.
Tips and tricks for iPhone 12 mini
Here are the top iPhone 12 mini tips & tricks for 2020
Hold a call with the Mute Button
Most people will use the mute function to silence background noises while on a call. Did you know you can place a call on hold by pressing the mute key?
Simply press and hold the mute button during a call. It will instantly change from mute into hold. It will activate the hold music for the person with whom you are speaking when you place a call.
Type by Swiping
Apple introduced QuickPath in iOS 13. The QuickPath feature was introduced in iOS 13. For ultra-fast typing, don’t tap on letters. Instead, swipe across them.
- You can open Messages, Mail or notes to bring up a keyboard.
- Press down gently on the keyboard and then swipe your finger through the letters to create a word.
- Continue to swipe until you see the word you desire, then release your finger.
- The word you have selected will appear in your email or message, along with a space. Continue to swipe to “type” next word.
Refrain from exposing photos you don’t want others to see
Some photos are not meant for family and friends. These steps will protect your photos from prying eyes.
- Start the photos app to identify the photo you wish to hide.
- Hold down the thumbnail of a photo until you see it’s share button.
- Select Share, then tap on “Hide!” from the menu.
These hidden photos can be found in the future by searching the Albums section within the Photos app. Look for the Hidden album.
Siri can be reached by typing questions
You don’t want Siri to know your question. Apple has you covered. You will find a setting in the accessibility menu that allows you to type your question to Siri rather than speaking it.
This feature can be enabled by:
- Start the Settings app, scroll down and find Accessibility. Older iOS versions place accessibility in the General section.
- Scroll down, tap Siri, and then toggle the switch next “Type to Siri” for this feature to activate.
To improve your typing efficiency, use a one-handed keyboard
Do you want to type all your messages in one hand? Do you find it difficult to reach across the screen for a letter to be typed? You can increase your typing speed by using the one-handed keyboard.
- To bring up the keyboard, open the Notes or mail app.
- On the left, you will find the emoji symbol (or the globe in older iOS versions)
- Hold down this symbol until the keyboard options dialog box appears.
- You can choose either the left-hand or right-hand keyboard.
- Follow the steps above to return to the original keyboard. However, make sure to select the entire keyboard in the middle.
Your favorite iPhone 12 mini tips and tricks
What are your top tips and tricks when using the iPhone 12 mini? Please share your thoughts with us below.