Are you having issues with you Apple TV remote application not functioning? Perhaps you Apple TV remote app not scrolling? Or , is you Apple TV remote app not swipe-able? Well. in this post, I’ll go over exactly what you need to do if the Apple TV Remote app has stopped functioning properly.
Apple TV remote lets your control your Apple TV with your iOS device, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. All you have to do is set up your Apple TV Remote app.
The issue I have the frequently is that I don’t have the ability to view the screen of my Apple TV. Another issue that I’m experiencing frequently is the fact that the screen on my Apple TV looks offline, even though my Apple TV is turned on.
It’s quite simple connecting the iPhone directly to an Apple TV with the Apple TV Remote application. There are times when you might encounter a variety of problems. In addition, to be honest the Apple Remote App is quite buggy. As I’ve seen it’s not always functioning as it should.
If you are unable to connect to an Apple TV Remote app or the Apple TV Remote in Control Center working Try the solutions below. Test to determine whether the Apple TV App is functioning after each troubleshooting procedure.
- Check that both your Apple TV and your iOS device are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Restart your device.
- Shut down the TV app, restart it and try again. To do this, double-press the home button (if your device is equipped with an Home Button) If your device doesn’t have the Home Button for instance, iPhone 11; swipe up and down, then pause, then locate it in the Apple TV Remote app, and swipe it upwards. Then, open the app once more.
- Start the Apple TV. For this, go towards Settings and then System, followed by Restart (assuming that you have your remote). If you don’t have a TV remote, and because it appears that your Apple TV Remote app is not working, simply remove the Apple TV from the power source, wait for a few minutes before reconnecting it.
- Make sure that you’re iPhone is running the most recent version of iOS. It is possible to update your device by going into Settings and General, then Software Update. This is crucial because the updated software will fix many problems.
- If you have an Apple TV, using its remote, go the Settings menu, select General then Remotes, then select the remote and then remove it from pairing. After that, pair it up again.
- There may be an issue in your internet connection. Start your router’s Wi-Fi. For this, you must remove it from the power source, wait some time before reconnecting it.
- For your iPhone or iPad you can turn off Airplane Mode, wait a few seconds before turning off.
The tips above should resolve the issue if you’re experiencing issues with your Apple TV Remote app can’t connect to Apple TV. If you’re still having issues, you should make contact with Apple.