Cellular Not Working on Apple Watch Series 6? Fix The sole purpose of Apple Watch 6 is to have cellular connectivity. To fix cellular data issues on Apple Watch 6, here are some simple steps.
Apple Watch Series 6: Why does cellular not work on cellular? Here are some tips to fix the problem
Fix 1. Get Cellular Service for Apple Watch
Apple Watch cellular service is not available from all carriers. Make sure that you have a cellular plan that meets your needs. You should also ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch are using the same carrier. To use the cellular connection on your smartwatch, you must be connected to the same carrier.
Pre-paid accounts as well as older accounts may not be supported right now. Not all carriers have coverage for cellular roaming.
Fix #2. Some Apps Might Not Update Without a Connection to Your iPhone
Do you find yourself trying to update Apple Watch apps and finding that they aren’t being updated? If this is you, I want to inform you that certain apps may not update without an iPhone connection. This is why you need to ensure that your iPhone has a connection.
Fix #3. Make sure Your iPhone is turned On
Are you not receiving push notifications from third party apps on your Apple Watch with Cellular? Make sure that the paired iPhone has been turned on. To receive notifications from the Apple Watch, your iPhone must be connected to Wi-Fi and cellular.
Fix #4. Update watchOS
Software glitches could also be a reason why cellular does not work on Apple Watch 6. Check for a software update.
You can update your software directly from the Apple Watch.
Apple Watch allows you to update watchOS directly
Check that your Apple Watch has Wi-Fi enabled. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch > General > Software update. To install the most recent watchOS update, tap the install button and follow the prompts.
iPhone update watchOS
You must ensure your iPhone runs the most recent version of iOS. Your Apple Watch must also have at least 50% of its battery life. Connect your iPhone to Wi Fi and place it close to the Apple Watch.
Open the Watch app > My watch > General > Software update. Install the update as normal.
Fix #5. Make sure to check for updates to your carrier settings
Keep your Apple Watch current and up-to-date, as well as your iPhone carrier. Carrier providers frequently release new information.
Updates to carrier settings are available to correct issues and improve performance.
You will be notified when a carrier provider releases a new update.
You can manually check for updates and then install them by going to Settings > General > About. You will be able to update your carrier settings if an update is available. When you insert a new SIM card to your iPhone, remember to save the carrier settings.
Fix #6. Check Apple Watch Cellular Data Usage on iPhone
If cellular is not working on Apple Watch Series 6, the first thing to do is to
Check the data usage on your cell phone.
This is so you can make sure that you have enough data. Follow these steps:
- . Head over to Watch app > My Watch tab on your iPhone.
- Next, tap Cellular. Scroll down to Cellular Data Usage. You will then see your overall data usage.
Buy more data if your data plan is exhausted. If you still have sufficient bandwidth, the next solution is available.
Fix #7. Take out and re-add Cellular Plans
- . Imagine you’re in the Cellular section of the Watch app. (Load Apple Watch app on iPhone > My Watch tab > Cellular.
- Next, click on the information button near your cellular plan. Hit Remove [carrier] plan. Tap Remove once more to confirm the action.
Tap on Add a New Plan, and follow the prompts to add it.
Fix #8. Transfer Your Cellular Plan to New Apple Watch
It is possible to move all your data and cellular plans when you upgrade from an older Apple Watch to a newer model. The process is fast and simple, so your usage won’t stop.
Pair your watch with your iPhone.
To add a cell plan to your smartwatch, simply tap “Set up Cellular” while you are setting it up.
Some providers allow users to transfer an existing plan directly from the Watch app to a new Apple Watch. Reach out to your carrier for more information.
Fix #9. Turn OFF and ON Airplane Mode on Apple Watch
This is a quick trick that fixes cellular connections on iPhones. It resolves problems 98 percent of the time. Airplane Mode is the best choice.
To reveal the Control Center, swipe up from below the watch face. To turn Airplane Mode on, click the icon. This will activate the button.
Turn on orange. After waiting a few seconds, turn off Airplane mode.
- When the Apple Watch is connected to a cell network, the Cellular button turns green. The signal strength is indicated by the green dots, as you may have noticed.
- It’s also worth noting the fact that the cellular button turns to white when the Apple Watch connects to the paired iPhone via Wi Fi or Bluetooth.
Fix #10. Reboot Apple Watch
If Airplane Mode didn’t fix the problem and your Apple Watch 6 still isn’t connecting to cellular, you can try restarting the cellular connection. It will usually fix the cellular connection problems on Apple Watch. Follow these steps to resolve the cellular connection issue on Apple Watch 6:
To turn the watch off, swipe up from the watch face.
Force-reboot your Apple Watch next. For approximately 10 seconds, hold the side button and the Digital Crown simultaneously. Once you see the Apple logo on the display, release both buttons. Finally, switch on the cellular via the control center.
- If the Apple Watch has a cellular problem, you can turn off the iPhone’s cellular and restart it. Just swipe up from the bottom to access the menu.
To access the control center, swipe down from the upper right corner. To turn it off, press the cellular button.
- For iPhone X and newer models, hold down the volume and side buttons. To turn off your iPhone, move the power off slider. Wait for a while.
Then, turn your device on again by pressing the side button.
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus and older models, hold down the sleep/wake button. Drag the power off slider to turn the iPhone off. Wait for a few seconds.
Allow the device to turn off. Then, turn your device on again by pressing and holding down the sleep/wake key.
- After your iPhone has rebooted, you can turn on the cell phone. If your cellular connection is still not working, please contact us.
Fix #11. Reset Network Settings on iPhone
You are trying to find out why your Apple Watch 6 is disconnecting from cellular data so often? The problem could be caused by a poor cellular connection
This issue can be easily fixed. Reset the network settings to factory default. Follow these steps:
- . Open the setting app on your iPhone
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to hit Reset. Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm that you wish to delete all existing network settings.
Cellular not working with Apple Watch Series 6? Problem fixed!
You have it! You don’t have to worry about fixing cellular problems on Apple Watch Series 6 any longer, as there are multiple solutions available.
I hope this article has helped you to fix the cellular data issue on Apple Watch 6. This is a common problem so save these tips or bookmark this page to help you resolve it immediately.