How to spot a fake iPhone 12 Are you afraid of being scammed? We have the best guide to help you identify fake iPhone 12s and tell the difference from the real thing.
Unscrupulous phone makers have found a lucrative market in the fake iPhone market. It is difficult to distinguish a fake iPhone from an original iPhone because some of the older iPhone knockoffs were so badly made. Some fake iPhones have been cloned so well, they look very much like a real iPhone. Some fake iPhones look very similar to the original iPhone in terms of size, buttons placement, logo, and other physical indicators.
This guide will help you distinguish between a fake iPhone 12 from a genuine one. Counterfeit iPhone 12 manufacturers will often go to great lengths to convince their victims that the genuine one they are selling is authentic. Law enforcement has failed to remove fake iPhones from the market. The only thing left is to inform the public about fake iPhone 12s so that they don’t become victims and buy counterfeits from these fraudulent manufacturers. This guide will explain the difference between a fake and real iPhone 12. This guide will help you determine if an iPhone 12 you’re looking to buy is real or fake.
How to determine if your iPhone 12 is genuine or fake
You can check if your iPhone 12 has been authenticated or faked using three simple methods. These indicators have been grouped into three categories: physical and performance. Let’s get to the fake vs. real iPhone 12 guide.
Physical indicators of a fake iPhone 12
These physical signs will help you verify that your iPhone 12 really is the genuine one.
- Look for the screws. The original iPhone 12 uses a pentalobe security screws, while the fake iPhone 12 uses regular cross screws. As you can see, the pentalobe security screws has five lobes which provide a tamperproof system for your iPhone 12. This is an excellent indicator that the customer is purchasing an original iPhone 12.
- Look at the physical buttons. Another physical characteristic to be noted is that the sleep/wake button on the iPhone 12 is in the top right corner. The volume switch and ringer switches are located on the upper left. The device you’re looking at may not have the correct buttons or switches. Some iPhone 12 fakes have the buttons in the correct positions. However, you can feel the buttons by moving your fingers along them. To make sure they aren’t loose or not fitted incorrectly, press the buttons several times. Low quality buttons are common in Clone iPhone 12 devices.
- The screen of the original iPhone 12 should not be blurred. The retina screen of iPhone 12 has a higher resolution, which makes the screen appear brighter, more vibrant, and richer in colors. Due to their low-cost parts, fake iPhone 12 screens have dull colored screens.
- Look for the Apple logo. This is the best way to tell if you are a fake iPhone 12. You must find the Apple logo on the back of your iPhone 12. The logo must be visible on the back of your iPhone. If it doesn’t, it is a fake iPhone 12. Some iPhone 12 clones do so well imitating the originals that they have the logo on their back. You can still feel the logo by rubbing your finger on it. If you have a fake iPhone 12, you will feel the transition between the phone cover and the Apple logo.
- The welcome screen is a must. This is especially important if you are unable to distinguish the fake iPhone 12 from the real thing by looking at its physical features. Turn off the iPhone and then turn it on. The welcome screen on a replica iPhone 12 will look something like “Welcome”, while the original will display the iPhone’s logo. You will see an icon for the iPhone store on your home screen. Click on it. You will know what to do if it takes you to Google’s store.
- Check the font. Another funny thing about an iPhone 12 knockoff is that it shows you a Chinese character when you check the font. You will need to set your phone up to allow English settings.
- Find out how many SIM cards you can use. A dealer selling an iPhone 12 clone may tell you that two SIM cards can be used at once. You will then know that you have a fake dual SIM iPhone 12. An iPhone 12 can only accept one SIM card. An original iPhone 12 must also bear a label stating that it was made in China and designed in California by Apple. Your iPhone will be considered a clone if it doesn’t have this mark.
Performance indicators for counterfeit iPhone 12
Fake iPhones are popular because people want an iPhone for a lower price. The phone’s poor performance is evident when the price is lower. These are the obvious red flags.
- Camera quality The real iPhone 12 has a superior camera quality, while an iPhone 12 clone takes blurry and poor photos. An iPhone 12 clone that takes bad photos in poor lighting conditions is possible. You can also try the video recording mode to see how badly a fake iPhone 12 takes pictures and videos.
- Multitasking capabilities: Start any game and let it run in the background. Check the performance of another app. Fake iPhone 12 has a difficult time running two apps simultaneously. Multiple applications can be opened on iPhones, but they still work smoothly.
- Scroll quickly between the application screens. Do a quick scroll to both the left and the right of your home screens. Your quick scrolls will be lost on the knockoff iPhone 12.
iPhone 12 Clone System Indicators
These system indicators can be used to tell the difference between a genuine iPhone 12 and a counterfeit one.
- Search for the serial number. To display your iPhone 12 serial numbers, dial “*#06#”. Go to Settings on your iPhone and tap “General” before you tap on “About”. This will display the serial number. The Apple website will then be accessible. Here you can enter your iPhone serial numbers to verify that it is a genuine iPhone 12. Enter your serial number on the website. If the site states that the code is invalid, your iPhone 12 will be cloned.
- The memory capacity of the original iPhone 12 is fixed and cannot be increased. To expand the memory of the fake iPhone 12, you will need a memory card. You will be able to see the iPhone 12 clone if you locate a slot for a memory card on the back or side of your phone.
- Search for Siri. The Siri app can only be launched with an original iPhone 12. Siri will not work on a duplicate iPhone 12.
- Check the operating system. If you see an application that is not iOS, it’s probably an iPhone 12 clone. Apple uses its proprietary iOS operating system.
- Connect to iTunes. Simply connect your phone to a computer, and then try to use iTunes to open it. It is possible that iTunes doesn’t recognize your phone and you get an error.
- Verify the installed applications The original iPhone 12 should include the Apple apps such as Calculator and Compass. The phone may be jailbroken if one of these is missing. You can restore the original firmware to make sure your iPhone is original. After restoring the original firmware to your iPhone, if you still don’t have an application installed, you will know it is a clone iPhone 12.
Additional tips for spotting a fake iPhone 12
- Ask about the warranty. Fake iPhone 12 sellers will not provide a warranty to certified iPhone service centers.
- Be aware of the price. If the device is selling for a lot less than the regular iPhone’s suggested retail price, you should think twice about buying it. If it seems too good to be true, it could be a counterfeit iPhone 12.
- Take your iPhone to an iPhone shop. If your iPhone passes all of the above tests but you are still unsure, visit the nearest iPhone shop. You can ask for a technician to inspect your phone. To verify the authenticity of your phone, they can perform a diagnostic test.
We hope that you enjoyed this real vs. fake iPhone 12 comparison. Please let us know if there are any fake iPhone 12s and be cautious when trading or buying online with these distinctive feature differences.