The Google Maps place history lets you see all of the places you’ve been to with your phone. It records the locations you go to, stores them in its database, and lets you view it wherever and whenever you desire.
This database of those areas you have been to is available from many devices, such as your desktop , iPhone, and Android devices. All you basically have to do is access the Google Maps program on your device and you are able to see your Google location history on maps.
Enable/Disable Google Maps Location History
You must be certain the feature is enabled on your account before you can use it. It can be turned off and on all three device types shown below.
Turn On/Off Location Background On Desktop
If you’re on a desktop computer and you want to turn Google location history on or off, you don’t really have to install any programs to do it. You are able to find the job done from some of the web browsers in your own PC.
- Open a new tab in your browser and then head over to the Google Maps Site. Log in to your Google account if you aren’t already.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top-left corner of your display and a new menu will appear.
- Select Your info in Maps from the new menu.
- On the next screen, click on the option underneath Location Background
- Now you Can turn the Location Background toggle to ON and OFF.
Switch On/Off Location History On Android
If you’re on a Android device, then you are going to need to install the Google Maps program on your phone . It comes preloaded on many mobiles and you need to find it on your app drawer, even if it is not already on your home screen.
- Launch the Google Maps program on your phone.
- Tap in your profile at the top-right corner.
- From the recently opened menu, select the option that says Settings. It is going to open Maps’ settings.
- Select the Personal content option on the following screen.
- Scroll down till you see the Location configurations section. Here, you’ll get an alternative that says Location History is on. Tap it to start it.
- You should see a toggle in your screen letting you disable and enable the Google place history attribute on your own Android apparatus.
Switch On/Off Location Background On iPhone
IPhone users also require the Google Maps app to enable and use the Google Maps place history attribute. Once you’ve caught the app off the App Store, the following is how you manage Google place history settings in your own iPhone.
- Open the Google Maps app in your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile at the top-right corner of your screen and select the option that states Settings.
- Scroll down on the next screen and tap on the Personal content alternative.
- Harness the Location History configurations choice on the screen that follows.
- Utilize the toggle near Location Background to reverse the feature ON or OFF.
View Google Location History On Maps
After you’ve enabled the feature and it has recorded some of the places you have been to, you can then see your Google Maps place history on some of your own devices.
While your Android and iPhone shouldn’t have any issues showing you your Maps timeline, the deadline really looks better on a desktop and is recommended you get it from the computer if at all possible.
Access Your Location Background On The Desktop
Yet more, if you’re on a desktop, you do not need an app or software to get your location history. You may see it on the official Google Maps web site.
- Launch a new tab in your browser and open the Google Maps website.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of your screen and choose Your places.
- There will be four tabs on the next screen. Click on the tab which says Visited and it’ll open.
- You should now find a list of all of the places you have visited while the location history feature was turned on. It will also let you know the date when you visited a place. You may click on a location to start it in the Maps.
- If you want to observe your place history at a more interactive and fun way, you can get the Google Maps timeline page. It shows your visited places on a map date-wise.
View Your Location Background On Android
On an Android device, you may use the Google Maps app to access your location history.
- Launch the Google Maps program.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top and select Your Timeline.
- Tap on Today at the top and then select the date you want to view the history for.
- Tap on Places, Cities, or World to view your visited areas on a map.
View Google Maps Location History On iPhone
You can use the Google Maps app on your iPhone to view your place history.
- Open the Maps program.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top and select Your timeline.
- Harness the calendar icon at the top and then select a date to view your history.
- It’ll present your history.
Share Your Google Maps Location
Google Maps is a lifesaver app for many people because it helps you from becoming lost and shows the instructions that you need to be taking. Among its attributes allows you to share your location with your near and dear ones.
If you are on a trip or someplace out and about and you want your family to have the ability to keep an eye on your whereabouts, you can discuss your real time location using the app.
- Launch the app on your cellular device.
- Tap on your profile icon and select Location sharing.
- Pick the duration you want to talk about where you are. Then choose the contact to share the place with and hit Share.
When did you find out that Google has something called Timeline to let you see your place history on your apparatus? Can you find it beneficial? Tell us your thoughts about it in the comments below.