This article will explain how to fix your iPhone’s cellular data issues. This is a serious problem. This is a serious problem. If your iPhone 12 cellular data isn’t working, it will stop you from sending iMessages, using FaceTime, browsing twitter, or watching Netflix.
These are the steps to troubleshoot an iPhone 12 cellular data problem:
After trying every troubleshooting step, please test your iPhone to confirm that you have resolved your cellular data problem.
Before you start diving in, make sure that your iPhone 12’s cellular data isn’t working. Please ensure that the following:
- Check that iPhone cellular data has been enabled. Go to Settings > Cellular on your iPhone 12 and ensure that the cellular data option has been turned on.
- If you don’t see any signal bars, you are in a covered zone.
- If you’re experiencing an issue with a particular app, make sure that you have cellular data enabled.
1. Airplane Mode.
Turn on Airplane Mode in Settings for your iPhone 12. Give it a while. Next, turn off Airplane Mode.
2. Restart your device.
Here’s how to restart your iPhone 12
- Hold the volume (or power) buttons together and press the power button until the power off slider appears on your screen. Drag the slider. Then wait a few seconds for your device to completely shut off. Next, turn the device on again by pressing and holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo.
3. Update your carrier settings.
Sometimes, your carrier might push updates to improve your cellular data performance. You can check to see if your carrier has released an update. If so, you should update your carrier settings. These steps will help you update your carrier settings.
- Since cellular data is not working, make sure your iPhone 12 is connected with a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > General > About on your iPhone. A popup will appear if an update is available. It will say “Carrier Settings Updating.” You can update your settings. You can update them by clicking Update.
4. Update your device.
Upgrading to iOS 5.0 is a good idea. These steps are required:
- Open the Settings app, go to General, and then tap Software Update. This will check for updates. If an update is available download it and install
You can also update your iPhone from your computer.
You will need to have a Wi-Fi connection in order to do this.
5. Reset network settings.
iPhone cellular data connections may be affected by incorrect network settings. This may resolve your problem. Resetting this will remove your Wi-Fi, VPN and other network settings. These steps will reset your network settings.
- Go to Settings > General >Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone 12.
- Type your passcode when asked.
- Your device will now restart.
6. Get in touch with your carrier.
You have tried everything, but your iPhone 12 cellular not functioning problem persists? You may be experiencing a service interruption or a problem with your cellular provider. Perhaps the problem is not with them. You may have exceeded your data limit. Your account could be suspended. You might also be experiencing outages. For further assistance, contact your carrier.