Half of the users reported that their iPhone 12 Hotspot is causing problems. The iPhone 12 Hotspot disconnects unexpectedly, and then reconnects itself. You have reached the right place if you also experience iPhone 12 hotspot problems. This article will provide you with a few tips to fix iPhone 12 hotspot issues that won’t allow you to disconnect.
If you don’t have Wi-Fi access, you may need to create a personal Hotspot. You might find that your iPhone 12 personal hotspot keeps disconnecting. You will need to find a solution if this happens to your iPhone 12 personal hotspot. This article will explain why your iPhone 12 hotspot keeps disengaging and how to fix it.
The problem could be your iPhone or another device that is connected to your iPhone’s Personal Hotspot or wireless cellular carrier.
How to fix iPhone 12 Hotspot keeps disconnection issue
These steps are the first to try
- Hotspot, also known as tethering, is a carrier service. This service is offered by most major carriers, including AT&T and Verizon. However, it will depend on your data allowance and service plan. Check with your carrier to make sure there are no restrictions on hotspot use. Some carriers don’t support smart TVs or game systems.
- It could be that other devices can’t connect to your hotspot. Make sure that other devices (within 15 feet) are within reach of your iPhone 12.
- To determine if there is a problem with your hotspot or other devices connected to it, check the following:
- Connect another computer or mobile device to your hotspot. If the device can connect, the problem is not at the hotspot.
- Connect it to another Wi-Fi connection. If it fails to connect, it is not the hotspot.
- Visit another website (e.g. Apple.com or iphonegeeks.com). If they load, it is likely that the problem is not with the hotspot.
- Make sure your iPhone has the most recent iOS software. You can update or check for updates by going to Settings >General > Software Update.
- Make sure that your other device has the most recent version of the software/firmware. For further assistance, contact the manufacturer.
- You should enable Personal Hotspot on your iPhone (Settings > Personal Hotspot). Also, make sure that Allow Others To Join is on. Last but not least, make sure that Maximize Compatibility (Settings > Personal Hotspot) is turned on if you are using an iPhone 12 model.
- Restart your iPhone 12 or any other device that is causing your Personal Hotspot to stop working.
- After 30 seconds, turn off Wi-Fi. Then, connect the device to your iPhone using Wi-Fi.
Update your carrier settings
Your iPhone’s carrier settings should be updated. This update could fix your iPhone 12 hotspot issue. Here’s how it works:
- Go to Settings > General > About on your iPhone.
- If a new update is available tap Download and Install. Then, follow the onscreen instructions.
Reset network settings
Reset your iPhone’s network settings 12. This will wipe your iPhone’s Wi-Fi networks, passwords, cellular settings, VPN, proxy, and APN settings. This problem may occur if your settings are incorrectly configured. It may be fixed by resetting your settings. Go to Settings > General >Reset > Reset Network Settings. Enter your passcode. Then your iPhone will start to work again.
Still, iPhone 12 Hotspot Keeps Disconnecting?
You may need to try these steps if your iPhone 12 hotspot continues to disconnect after you have tried the previous steps.
- Contact Apple Support.
- Get in touch with your Service provider.
- Contact the manufacturer of your other device.