Half of users reported that their iPhone 12 is not showing recent calls history, so they cannot view calls they have received and/or made. You don’t have to worry! I will explain why your iPhone12 doesn’t show recent calls, and how you can fix it.
All calls are recorded by your iPhone. You can view your call history (also known as recent calls), in two ways: All (outgoing or incoming calls) or Missed. You can access your call history to see a list (your contacts or other numbers) of who called you.
There are several things you can do to resolve the problem with your iPhone 12. This can be frustrating as you don’t know who called you and cannot return their calls.
iOS allows you up to 100 recent calls and groups. You can also group missed and recent calls if they come from the same number or person.
iPhone 12 doesn’t show missed calls or recent calls: Fix
You can try the following steps in sequence. Check to make sure your problem has been resolved after each step.
- Restart your iPhone. To fix the problem, simply restart your iPhone. It is very easy. Go to Settings > General > Shut down to shut down your iPhone. You can also turn off your iPhone by holding down the side button and one of its volume buttons (up/down).
- Force-closing the Phone app, and restart: You have the option to close the Phone App and start over. Your data will not be deleted, but don’t worry. Here’s how it works:
- Swipe up to unlock your device. This will display the most recent apps. To close the Phone app, touch and hold the icon and then press the red minus (+) icon. To reopen the app, tap on the Phone icon.
- You may need to update your iPhone. Make sure to check for updates on your iPhone and ensure that it is using the most recent iOS software. A new update could resolve the problem. It is easy to update your iPhone wirelessly. Open the Settings app and navigate to General > Software update.
- Disable and enable Cellular. Open the Settings app, go to Cellular, toggle off Cellular Data for about 30 seconds, then turn it on again.
- Turn on or off Airplane Mode by opening the Settings app. Wait about 30 seconds before turning it back on again.
- Reset network settings: Open the settings app, go to General > Settings, then tap Reset Network Setting (you might be asked for your passcode). Resetting your network settings will erase your network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords.
If your iPhone doesn’t show recent or missed calls history after you’ve tried the above solutions, it’s possible that there is a hardware problem. Apple support may be necessary. Apple offers live chat support.
It’s annoying when your iPhone 12 doesn’t show missed calls. If your iPhone 12 doesn’t show recent calls, you now know how to fix it. We appreciate your time. You are welcome to post any questions in the comments section.