Apple Support Forum users reported many wireless charging problems with their iPhone XR. Users have complained that their iPhone XR doesn’t charge when it is placed on a wireless charging mat or a stand. Some users reported that their iPhones stop charging when placed on a wireless charging pad. Continue reading to learn how to fix the iPhone XR wireless charging issue.
Repair iPhone XR’s wireless charging issue
These are simple ways to fix the iPhone XR’s issue with wireless charging.
1. Restart your iPhone
Every user has this thought in their heads whenever something goes wrong with their smartphone. This simple hack can fix minor problems that accumulate over time and can even help with wireless charging issues for your iPhone XR. After you have restarted your iPhone, charge it wirelessly to see if the problem has been solved.
2. Use a wireless charger that is efficient
Although there are many wireless chargers on the market, not all can charge your iPhones effectively. These are some helpful tips to help you use a wireless charger on your iPhone.
- You should ensure that your wireless charger is Qi-enabled.
- You should ensure that your wireless charger is working properly. It is possible that the wireless charger has a problem and your iPhone is not. You can charge another compatible wireless charging device using the same charger. You can use a different wireless charging charger to charge your iPhone XR if the charger is defective.
- Place your iPhone in the “sweet spot”, on the wireless charging pad. Wireless chargers will not function properly if your device isn’t placed correctly.
- Your phone might vibrate if you receive a call or other notifications. The wireless charger could stop providing power to your iPhone as a result. You can either turn off the vibration, or use a compatible wireless-charging case to stop it from moving.
3. Make sure your case supports wireless charging if you are using it.
Make sure you have the following two things when wirelessly charging your iPhone XR using a case
- The wireless charger can be used in any case. You should also check the maximum case thickness that the charger can handle.
- Wireless charging is supported by the case. It should be within the permissible range for the wireless charger’s thickness.
To enjoy hassle-free wireless charging, both of these things are necessary. You should also get rid of any metal accessories that may be attached to your wireless charger. Not all wireless chargers will work with them.
4. iOS Update
We update iOS whenever our iPhone slows down, or we encounter any other issue. Yes, updating iOS will fix the iPhone XR’s problem with wireless charging and reduce the chance of other bugs.
To check if an update is available for your iPhone, follow the steps below.
Click on Settings > General > Software update. Tap download and install if an update is available. If you don’t have enough storage, you can free up space by moving files to your computer or laptop.
We hope you found the following tips helpful in fixing iPhone XR wireless charging issue. What was your favorite trick? Leave a comment to let us know.