Various users of Windows 7 to Windows 10 versions have reported that the control panel of NVIDIA is not working. Users are fearful whether NVIDIA Control Panel will open or not? What will happen if that’s not going to open? There are some practical solutions for graphic card users.
Suppose a person works on the graphic intensive apps like the gaming software pr the video rendering software. In that case, it is required to control the use of the graphic cards like adjusting the frames per second, orientation, scaling and display size for the better performance and result. For all these purposes, one of the useful apps is the NVIDIA Control Panel. But many times this app does not opens up on users’ system. In that case, these are the guidelines to tackle this issue.
Ensure that the necessary services are functioning properly
User needs to make sure that some required services are working well on his/her system. So if the NVIDIA Control Panel is not opening up in the system, it may be possible that some of the essential services have stopped working. So in this case user have to check those services whether they are running or not. To check this, follow these steps:
● Click on the Windows + R keys, input MSC to the pop-up Run window, now click on OK.
● Go to NVIDIA Display Container LS and to get the properties window tap twice on it. Make sure that that service has started working. And in case it is already working, stop itand then start it again. Also, allow the Startup type to Automatic.
● For NVIDIA Local System Container service, the user is required to follow the same steps.
● Now check whether NVIDIA Control Panel is now opening or not. If it is working, continue the fix.
NVIDIA Control Panel needs to be restarted
Incase the NVIDIA Control Panel is still not opening, it may be possible that there is some fault on users system which is causing this issue. So, in this case, the user can end the process for the app to fix the problem. For this user have to follow the following steps :
Click Ctrl + Shift + Esc altogether on the keyboard to launch Task Manager.
Find the NVIDIA Control Panel app, right-click on it to end the subprocess task.
Now open NVIDIA Control Panel to check whether it is being accessed or not.
User may need to Reinstall the NVIDIA Display Driver or upgrade it
Sometimes the problem of non-working of NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows 10/8/7 mat happens because of an outdated driver. To tackle the issue, the user is suggested to upgrade or reinstall the driver. For this purpose, the user needs to
● Go to Device Manager.
● Expand Display adapters, now right-click on the NVIDIA graphics card driver and then click on update driver.
● Allow Windows to search the updated driver software automatically and now restart the system to complete the update.
There is another option which user can opt-in case NVIDIA Control Panel is not working. What anyone can do is reinstall the NVIDIA driver. For this user have to go to the device manager and uninstall the driver from there. Then go to NVIDIA website and type the exact model of the graphic card. When a user finds that same model of the graphic card, he is supposed to download the latest driver and install it on the system.
So these are the following methods a user can try in case the NVIDIA Control Panel is not working on the system.