iOS14 has experienced many glitches. This is a common occurrence with new feature updates. The latest issue is iOS 14 shortcuts not functioning. Continue reading for possible solutions.
It can be difficult to upgrade to a new operating system. There are many bugs and issues with new upgrades that can be fixed in later feature updates. This issue is common with iOS updates, and it is also faced by iPadOS upgrades.
iOS 14 is currently widely used, having been released. Large numbers of people are now using the latest version. iOS 14 has some amazing features, such as the ability to customize your home screen. However, you may have noticed that your iOS 14 shortcuts are not working. These are some troubleshooting steps to resolve iOS 14 shortcuts not functioning issue.
iOS 14 has experienced its fair share bugs, just like all the feature updates. These bugs will be addressed in future updates, but they are still a concern for many people. iOS 14 shortcuts are not working is the latest problem that iPhone users have encountered, along with the Spotlight and camera issues. While trying to use their existing shortcuts, users are getting an error message saying “no shortcut in usage”.
How to fix iOS 14 Shortcuts Not Working
Shortcuts can be used to personalize the user’s experience and make it easier. Because most people are used to using their iPhones in a specific way, shortcuts not working can be a problem. Here’s how to fix iOS 14 shortcuts not working problem:
- Force Start: You can try a Force Start. If your iPhone has a home button, press the power and home buttons simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears. iPhones without a home button can be used by pressing the volume-up button followed by the volume down buttons. Then, hold the side key until the Apple Logo appears on your display.
- Close the Shortcuts App. Sometimes, closing and reopening Shortcuts can resolve the problem. Double-tap the Home button to open the App Switcher depending on your iPhone model. To close the app, just find the Shortcuts app by simply swiping up. It should now work properly if you launch it again from your home screen.
- Create a shortcut: Delete and create the shortcut that’s causing the error in your iPhone.
- Clear out your storage: This is a great way to solve many issues. Go to Settings Storage & ICloud Usage Manage Storage. You can delete anything that you no longer require.
- Reset your iPhone or iPad to Factory Settings. If Shortcuts are not working in iOS 14, you can try to reset your device to factory settings. It will delete all your existing settings and login information, but it will not erase any media or data. Go to Settings > General > Click on Reset to confirm. The issue should be fixed by resetting the iPhone or iPad to its default settings. It’s possible that it is the case.
Are you having trouble with Shortcuts not working on iOS 14? We’d love to hear if you have any other problems with Shortcuts not working in iOS 14.
Thank you for reading.