Do you know what social Media is? Nowadays everyone knows about social media. In this blog, all information related to social media is mentioned below
What is Social Media?
Social Media is a platform or combination of tools and applications where people can interact with one another and share ideas, content, information, emotions and other forms of expressions in a virtual format. People today can easily convey their thoughts and opinions over network sitting at their place to a far distance using platforms like Facebook, Twitter etc. Their usage can be of good, and wrong both depend upon the interests of people. Social Media is of high importance; it can be a boon or a bane. So, what is according to you! Is Social Media is a boon or a bane? Ask this question to yourself… would You? In this blog, you find out. What it is a boon or a bane.
Social Media as Boon
Social Media has given people a great power to invest their ideas and creativity of there own in such a platform.
- Do you remember the time where we used to send letters? Yes, and the communication was too tricky between the people who are at a far distance. But now it is way too easy and feasible with the help of social media. The family and friends who are staying at a far distance across the world can communicate with each other using today’s facility of free messages and calling. Now the people can easily find and meet their childhood friends and family over social media quickly.
- The business companies, especially the start-ups it gives a massive opportunity for them as earlier they have to spend a lot of money on advertising. Social networking has changed their perspective; thus, they can have a good initiative and build their business with minimal cost. Online business helps them understand their customers, and their likes dislike well. They can reach out well and boost their brand name.
- Now let us jump to Digital Marketing, every passing the use of internet and social media is increasing day by day. Optimization of the search engine has begun to extend rather than being limited to a particular area which has proven to be good for the business.
- Sometimes you may sound crazy when you think of some new idea and get to start it, but laterally over time, it becomes a huge success. Like you know about google, Facebook, twitter …etc. Earlier when they might have thought to start it, they were not aware of that they will become millionaires and billionaires over these years.
- Nowadays people are free to express their feelings and views openly and understand other opinions over a cause like that of a ban on Tamil Nadu’s traditional game Jallikkattu for which people came together to join against it and in no time some so many people grouped through social media and fought against in lifting the ban from this culture of the south. And in no time the government was pushed to lift the ban entirely. So now you can understand the power of social media.
- But social Media comes with a great responsibility for the government where they have to closely observe and monitor all the sites, which help them to understand the mind and mood of people all over the globe. They have a separate department build to watch and observe all the activities happening closely on these sites.
Have you find the conclusion of whether social media is a boon or a bane… if not then as everything comes with both it’s good and evil. Similarly, social media has two sides of it like that of a coin. It can have Boon and bane both. So now let’s talk about its other side.
Negative side – Social Media as a Bane
Are you ready to look to its other side? Ok then start visualizing and flip your mind to others side…
- People nowadays are so involved in social media that they forget about people sitting next to them. The people are so dissolved in this virtual world that they have increased the distance from the real world. The face to face interaction has lessened, and they are more active on social media. They are more into their phones using Facebook that they don’t interact with the family member next to them. Which make us think that Social Media is a boon or a bane.
- We have got the freedom to speak and express ourselves, but some people might also misuse it. Few think that they can say and talk about anything and anyone whatever they want which may happen to bully some people.
- Some people have many friends on social media like on Facebook, Instagram etc some of whom they have never met and are strangers for them in real life but they still tend to interact with them, which may also be a threat to some.
- We tend to share our location for various apps which looks like an open invitation for the thief and crime related events that took place all over the country.
- Nowadays, all the people spend a lot of their time on the internet and social media rather than involving physical activities and social gathering. Especially today’s youth and even the small kids are too involved in social media which is having a terrible impact on their health. Continuously watching phones, laptops, TV had a terrible effect on their eyes and other body parts too.
- The one more bane that we have of social media is hacking of the information. Some people lead to misuse the data like bank details or the personal data of the people, which is a cyber-crime. Some of the fake news creates a lot of noise in the society in-turn affecting the people. Celebrates are the most common victim that you may see.
- The personal life of people has become a common hot topic for all just because of social media. As people have become much more reachable. This may also impact the business as the people can post negative comments for their products and services affecting their sale.
So, what do you think now? What decision have you come on? Social Media is a boon or a bane. It all depends on people how they use it.