Does your iPhone keyboard feel sluggish after you update to iOS14? It’s not uncommon! This article will show you how to solve the iPhone keyboard lag issue permanently!
The most common problem with the iPhone keyboard is the Messengers app. The keyboard freezes, loads slowly, or lags when the user taps the text input field. There is also a general feeling of keyboard slowness.
How to Fix iPhone Keyboard Gap in iOS 14
Apple will soon release an official fix for this issue.
- Start the Setting app for your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to General.
- Scroll down and tap to reset.
- Tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
- Enter your device Passcode to fix the iPhone keyboard lag bug.
Additional iPhone Keyboard Lag Fix for Messages App
You can also reset your iMessage system to see if that fixes the lagging keyboard issue in iOS 14.
- Start the Setting app for your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap messages.
- Turn off and iMessage.
- To turn the service back ON, tap the toggle next to iMessage.
Please note: Waiting to activate… message must be displayed under the iMessage Label to confirm that the service has reset.
Tip: The force start can be used to fix the iPhone keyboard lag problem. However, we found that it is not always effective and the problem will recur sooner than expected.
Are you having problems with iOS 14’s keyboard lagging? We’d love to hear if you have had success with the troubleshooting steps in iOS 14.